Promotion of Gender Equity
Disha firmly believes that a change in the status of women can be brought only by changing mindsets of the people. Towards this end the organisation is intervening with a number of stakeholders through a number of activities. Some of the recent activities are:
- Students’ rallies at different places of the operational area
- Yatras and meetings
- Street plays and puppet shows
- Holding of workshops and seminars
- Participation in workshops and seminars
A special mention of two events may be made:
- The organisation Director presented a paper on Violence against Women in India: Suffering Continues Despite Progress All Over at the International Conference on Social Welfare organised in 2002 in The Hague in The Netherlands.
- Participation by the Director in an International Conference on Prevention of Violence against Women, organised by Braunbraud, a network organisation based in The Netherlands. Representatives from 13 countries of the world attended this conference.